Friday, January 21, 2011

Teachers Good and Bad

I had a teacher in 8th grade that I very much disliked with every passionate bone in my body. She always took extra points off of my homework, classwork and tests for no reason. She would say it was too sloppy or too small or too big; yet she never took points off of anyone else's work like she did mine. If I ever had a question about anything I had to go ask another teacher, because she would laugh at me and tell me that I was dumb and should just not even try to strain my brain that hard. She tried to fail me and told the board that I was dumb and could not read or write. I will have to say she was the worst English teacher I ever had.
I also had a teacher in the 8th grade that I loved very much and could not wait to attend her class everyday. She always praised me and told me what good work I did and that I was a very good writer. I loved it when she would talk about my writing skills. Both of those teachers were moved up to teach high school as my class moved up into the high school. My favorite teacher went from teaching reading to advanced English classes. I will never forget her and how I refused to go to the other teachers class, so that the school was forced to place me in advanced English so that I could have a different teacher. I will not say that I wish I was still in school there, but I am glad that I do not have to deal with that anymore. Although, I do still refer back to my advanced English teacher when I have questions on my college work and when I need her to review my papers before I submit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment