Friday, January 28, 2011

Booga Booga

Recently my son and I got to watch The Adventures of Booga Booga Land by Richard Milner, this movie was so touching to us. The beginning of it skipped a little but once it got going my son did not move from the television and was so intrigued by it. I am so glad that www.booksneeze.com was able to send us a copy of this movie. Marty the Monkey was our favorite character, but we enjoyed all of the characters in the movie. I enjoyed watching my son learn about Jesus and how he repeated after the characters, especially Marty and Mr. Squid Squishi; along their journey of 10,000 different jobs, journeys and lessons all made from biblical parables that Jesus taught many years ago. I let my son save a chocolate muffin so he would feel like he got to help them save the chocolate cake. It is hard for me to find cartoons for my son to watch as nothing compares to the famous Veggie Tales; however he did enjoy these at the age of two and I hope that he will be able to understand them better when he gets older and to be able to help teach other children about Jesus. Each part is about 10 minutes long and perfect enough to show one clip at a time and then talk about it to older children and explain to them more on where the cartoons are coming from and make sure they understand it fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment